Saturday, September 11, 2010

Never Forget.....

Ok, I usually make it point not to be political, however, I feel like it is my duty to at least post a mention of this....especially because it is September 11th, and I feel like it was a vital tragedy in history, much like the assassination of JFK or the iconic passing of Princess Diana. Of course, I choose to leave my political opinions out of this post, simply because I feel it in not my place to take sides in historical politics, however this is what I DO feel about the actions of September 11th, 2001.
Taking on the news of the guy who wants to have a Quran burning party today.....I believe that the 9/11 tregedy is the actions of a higher power, but certainly not the action of those people who are citizens of their country, much like we are of ours. I find it narrow-minded, and I respect those people who have done nothing wrong to any of us......They are beautiful Children of God, just like we are.
I want to personally thank those great people (many of which are my friends, or are husbands of my friends) who are fighting over in Iraq, Iran, and where ever they are, because I know for a fact that I would not be able to handle what they have seen and do what they have done over there. Furthermore, I find it appropriate for me to thank all of those brave firefighter and policemen who helped, gave their lives, and saved countless numbers of people from an almost certain doom. It may have been their job to do so, but like I have said before.... I couldn't have done it. I think that even though its been a long while since the attacks on America have happened, I still remember it like yesterday. I'll never forget it. It's the only day that I can ever think of that school seemed to just stop and televisions were turned on.....In the middle of all this, I remember my dad was supposed to fly that morning, and I remember walking down the school hallway and hearing the echoes of the tv's voicing the same in sync news as I passed each classroom.
I think that I am very blessed to be an American in this country. We have freedoms and rights....so many rights that the rest of the world doesn't have the blessing of taking advantage of. Mostly, I felt compelled to acknowledge today, simply because I do not give our country enough credit sometimes, nor do I recognize that I am a lucky person. We say we will never forget 9/11.......but I think there is something higher that we need not forget. We need not to forget the great day to day blessings of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.
So to honor the memory of 9/11, as well as the memory of the blessings I have been granted in this life....I post this statement with the solid belief that I am a very lucky person.
Lastly - God bless America.

-Yours with sincerity and honesty,
Jessica

No comments: