Wednesday, September 1, 2010

somewhere in the middle.....

Somewhere in the middle I have grown up. I guess it's the small things I notice.... like being uninterested in going out with friends, or staying up way late anymore. Changes from heavy metal to classical, and watching shows with my mom like, "I love Lucy" or "Frasier". Laughing hysterically at jokes and making fun of mom for her bunches of pairs of glasses randomly lying about the house, when sometimes I find I actually need to use them sometimes nowadays on those fine print coupons. I found myself giddy the other day over getting a kitchen appliance. When did I possibly have the time to grow from ipods and jewelry to kitchen appliances and bathroom cleaners? I guess with 25 soon to hit me, I am finding that I have grown a lot in the last year. Not only in likes and dislikes, but I have experienced relationships, jobs, money, parents, service, and bills. I can't believe that in one year, you can learn so much and you can go from being childish to feeling all grown up. So here is some of what I have learned in the past year:
Likes and dislikes:
I USED to like peanut butter, but now I like cottage cheese
I USED to like whatever my mom bought at the store.....now I prefer anything organic
I Used to like cartoons, now I like old comedies and spend lots of time on old romance comedies
I USED to like being a punk, now I like just being a plain jane and blending in
I USED to like mind blaring music, now its mellowed a lot but still the rocker in me likes rock n roll now and again

Lessons:
I have learned that money isn't everything in a job, you must like it too
I take relationships slowly
The more I keep my mouth shut the better off I am
Family is everything
Friends come and go
Spend your time doing productive things and learn to multitask
Save 5 dollar bills whenever possible

Honestly, I can't believe I am starting to grow up and look forward to getting married, starting a family, and growing old with someone. I think the new me works harder and understands more than she ever has before. I kind of like the new semi-boring me......maybe that means I am getting ready for the next step. who knows......:) I'm just waiting for the next big thing to come a long and loving life while I wait.

No comments: