Tuesday, October 1, 2013

A fairy tale continues

Once upon a time -

Oh, you know how that goes......the princess is in distress the prince comes and saves her and all that jazz. Well, this is my story and it definitely hasn't been all sparkles and magic, but it's mine and that's all that matters. Life has always been one big beautiful disaster for me. Lots of lessons and lots of tears. And I eventually met this Prince Charming and he married me......he's learned a lot.... and so have I. It's our second anniversary and we are pushing  along.... just keep swimming.....as Dory would say. I guess somewhere along the line I thought my life would get so much easier.... WRONG. It blew up so quick it left me with my head spinning. Now here's the funny part.... I took several marriage classes and career classes.......and NONE of them prepared me for anything that I do or experience today. Crazy, right?  For the bazillion dollars my parents scraped and saved up to send me to one of the most wonderful colleges, I sure learned a load of nothing......OK, not nothing  - I did learn to patiently sit through a three hour class and I did learn how to actually sing, but still you catch my drift. Now something I learned when I got married.....no one even cares that I have a diploma.... and the ones who interviewed me for a job - they never even asked if I went to college. So riddle me this Batman.....WHY? But then again WHY may be too broad of a question to ask in the day and age of CEO's working at the local Burger Stop. Any who, Marriage - love....something I am so thankful for and something that has taught me so much. I happen to be the house control freak....my way, no highway option.... and my husband is pretty good at nodding and doing what I ask of him. We've had everything in our new (old) house - from infestations to break downs to flat out crazy. It's hard to maintain upkeep on a house from the 70'S not to mention expensive. Even with everything, we just keep going.It's been a wonderful two years........I hope we have 90 more years.........and along the way maybe one of these years life will stop being crazy and start being normal.....whatever that means.

No comments: